All students wishing to attend a Magnet/CTA school must submit an application. Families are encouraged to research schools carefully and attend one or more community events in order to receive the best information about each program offering. There are many opportunities for families to research Magnet, CTA, and Select School programs.
Explore our events page to learn how to engage in activities that will help you make the best decision possible such as:
- school-based open-houses
- camps and workshops
- shadow days
- magnet fairs
- parent workshops
- community events
- Is the school a good match for your educational needs and goals?
- Does the school offer transportation? If not, can you still get there?
- Does the school offer clubs and activities that match your interests?
- Do you feel like you can thrive and grow academically in the program?
- Have you visited the school and taken advantage of activities they offer to help you learn more?
- Choose up to three school or program choices that best match your interest and complete your application by clicking on the “Apply Now” link above.
- Apply by the specified deadline.
- Submit an audition *only* if you applied to Las Vegas Academy or Del Sol Academy.
- Please check your transportation eligibility at transportation.ccsd.net
Check your email
- Confirmation for a successful application submission as well as application updates and notifications will be emailed to you. If you have not received a confirmation email, please check your email account’s spam/junk filter.
- It is highly recommended that you periodically log into your account to check your dashboard for updates.
After the lottery
Once the applications have been processed through the lottery, you will be notified of your status via email. Results may also be viewed on the parent dashboard.
Possible lottery results:
- If you are "selected", parents/guardians will need to log into the dashboard to accept the seat by the specified deadline.
- You will receive registration information from your selected school. You will need to comply with the registration instructions provided to you’
- Alternate Pool (the number of applicants exceeded the number of available seats)
- If you receive an "alternate pool" status, you will remain in the pool until if/when a seat becomes available. Offers can be made up until the second week of the following school year.
- Not Qualified
- If you are "not qualified", you may contact the school regarding your not qualified status.
Late applications will be accepted, however they are not considered for the initial lottery.